Gryffindor Common Room

Have you ever made your own recipe ?  What is it ? Did you give your recipe a name ? Was it a success or a complete chaos ?  

Do you really have your own recipe ? cause once I made my own and it was a success. 

• It was just last month when I was so bored out and had nothing to do. So I had a thought of having a snack but in our house there was no single crisp packet or anything ! All I found was a packet of marshmallows in the kitchen. Then there was this cereal I ate in the morning on the table. I like to make things and bake things. So,  I had this great idea of mixing Marshmallows and cereal together and I was off.( yeah it sounds weird ) I emptied some of the cereal into a bowl with marshmallows and put it in the microwave. It came out sticky and nice with the marshmallows melted and all I did was mixing it up with a spoon. It was so much tasty with honey drenched all over it. So my recipe came out pretty good and that's my story. I don't know if this recipe exist but at least I made one on my own :).  

4d63885542c0e2b9ebe484ca7f04d91e.jpg 

Mmm, that sounds great, Lora

A lot of our family's made up recipes are the 'I have this, this and this  in the cupboard, can I make a meal out of them?' variety. Through that though we've found some really good pasta dishes (the one with tuna and olives springs to mind and yes, I can hear lots of you gagging - seriously, it's good!). When I was at university with limited supplies, I did a lot of the 'stick it in the microwave and see what happens' style of experiments: the cake with extra chocolate worked, the frozen bread roll that caught fire? Not so much.

Speaking of university, a flatmate once asked me if she could make cheesecake out of  milk, icing sugar and the wrong kind of biscuit. I seem to recall I managed to convince her just to make a bowl of icing to dip her biscuits in but that might be wishful thinking.

• Like 1