Gryffindor Common Room
Boris Clifford

Being Yourself

Hello again it's me Boris Clifford, anyway. Before I went home to my mum and dad for Summer Holidays, I over heard some students giggling about another wizard who, apparently, isn't very good in class. However I disagree with these "rumours" because every wizard or witch, great or young, is capable not too nag or anything.

I know how it feels for the people who are bullied but please i would like to raise awareness of this.

Thank you

Boris Clifford 

:)

Here goes ,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Even one of my friends had this problem. Rumours really hurt when you somehow got to know them coz rumours gets into you emotionally . They just spread around so fast, making others to look at you in a really misunderstanding way. Somehow, I hate it for they put most of the people in to a total meltdown. People will say you names, they will try to put you down in all sorts of ways and tease you to your own behaviour. You can also be called a wierdo, an oddball, a looser, a pathetic but don't put yourself down because  the others don't know you, they haven't seen you. You always know who you are and don't go being others but only your true self. Being yourself makes you really confidence and the other people will get to notice you. Rumours misjudge people but speak up to yourself when rumours spread about you (you don't have to be afraid ) and keep close to your friends who will stick with you in every way.

"Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes" :)

• Like 1

I totally agree. It's always so important to remember that the only person who knows how to live your life is you. It's the only one you've got and you can't waste it on worrying what other people think you should be doing with it.

Although, if anyone finds themselves having problems on HOL you can always come to me or Iverian as your prefects. We don't stand for any malicious behaviour around here and we will get to the bottom of it. This is a safe space, free from rumours and spite and we work hard to keep it that way. You're all free to be you around here :)

• Like 1

I also dealt with this problem not only in school but also at my previous jobs and I know that I am still dealing with the effects of that years later.  My husband and I made sure that his children know bullying is bad.  My stepdaughter even stands up to anyone who messes with her big brother.

Along with what Lora and Sky have said, my mother used to always tell me that at the end of the day, the one person who matters is you.  You are only responsible for your actions and no one else’s opinion matters as long as you follow what you believe is right.

Sky and Ivey are wonderful for talking to you if you have a concerns and have helped me get through a lot.  Don’t be afraid to reach out because they are the sweetest.