Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Zenix James

Hanging Out At Hogwarts

*sips on a cool Pumpkin juice under that infamous tree by the Black Lake*

Hello, my beautiful people! I am coming to you from the edge of the Black Lake with a curious question for you all. I hope you will honor me by letting me know what you think and what your ideas are.

At Hogwarts, this lovely school where we attend and/or teach, where do you love to hang out and relax when you're not in classes or doing homework (or avoiding taking O.W.L.S)? Let's say it's Saturday and you have the whole day ahead of you: what are you doing? Where are you going? Maybe, even, who are you going with? Do you have a secret spot?

As a professor, I cherish the free time I have when I'm not working on The Gryffindor Paw Print or teaching classes. Or when I'm not in my Hobbit-hole of a dungeon hiding from the world. Personally, I really enjoy catching some sun by the Black Lake under a beech tree. I'll take a good novel out and read for a bit or watch the students throw food into the lake for the Giant Squid. I'll also secretly hope that no one gets picked up by a tentacle by the ankle. While it was rather funny last year, the paperwork and notifying parents was an absolute nightmare. 

So, tell me, where are your favorite spots?

• Like 1

Ah, yes, last year was hilarious. So, you're welcome for the laugh. *thinks of those students she lured to the black lake to help her feed the Giant Squid* Hey, I'm not the one who let the Giant Squid grab ME, so... *looks rather prideful in escaping capture, although Sky wasn't very happy afterwards*

So, now that I am banned from being anywhere near the black lake (well, that's according to Sky *walks off to go ask Zee if I can swim in it*), I spend a lot of my time in the library (reading of course, not switching books around on the shelves) and in this very nice little abandoned room - Room of Requirement - that is filled with tons of prank objects (which gives me a good place to think about... my homework and classes, not my next big prank *cough*). 

When I just want to relax a bit, I... go to the quidditch pitch and taunt members of opposing teams while they're practicing... I mean, I lay on the pitch and stare at the sky while thinking of all the homework I need to do.  

:D 

• Like 1

On a Saturday, I like to grab a cup of coffee from the great hall and then take a long stroll around the halls of the castle itself to soak in the lazy buzz of everyone enjoying themselves and relaxing. My walk usually takes me outside at some point so I can take in what's going on in the grounds. I love the feeling and freedom of the open air so I might even do this on my broom or on the back of Evenwing (the hippogriff Dario 'gave' me), though I'll steer clear of the quidditch pitch so as not to get in the way of anyone's practice.

On regular days, I spend a bit of my time in the Head Students' Study with my collection of life sized plush lamas but as it's on one of the busier coridors, I can't always concentrate there.

Instead, you'll usually find me at a table by a west facing window in Gryffindor tower, basking in the afternoon light. I love it there because it's an out of the way place to work but means I'm still able to join in with any conversation or fun that might be occurring. It also makes me easy to find if anyone needs anything.  After darkness falls, I'll usually move to a chair near the fire where I can read, write or craft and enjoy the cosiness  of crackling logs.

This is when I'm not running around like a headless chicken with my endless to-do list trailing out behind me like some ridiculous flag (or sorting out squid related incidents)...

Come on, guys!  I want to know about what you do to relax at Hogwarts and where you go! Entertain me!

Please. I need entertainment sustenance! 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:09 PM, Prof. Zenix James said:

*sips on a cool Pumpkin juice under that infamous tree by the Black Lake*

Hello, my beautiful people! I am coming to you from the edge of the Black Lake with a curious question for you all. I hope you will honor me by letting me know what you think and what your ideas are.

At Hogwarts, this lovely school where we attend and/or teach, where do you love to hang out and relax when you're not in classes or doing homework (or avoiding taking O.W.L.S)? Let's say it's Saturday and you have the whole day ahead of you: what are you doing? Where are you going? Maybe, even, who are you going with? Do you have a secret spot?

As a professor, I cherish the free time I have when I'm not working on The Gryffindor Paw Print or teaching classes. Or when I'm not in my Hobbit-hole of a dungeon hiding from the world. Personally, I really enjoy catching some sun by the Black Lake under a beech tree. I'll take a good novel out and read for a bit or watch the students throw food into the lake for the Giant Squid. I'll also secretly hope that no one gets picked up by a tentacle by the ankle. While it was rather funny last year, the paperwork and notifying parents was an absolute nightmare. 

So, tell me, where are your favorite spots?

I am in an abandoned class room near the Dungeons that I have made my own. Where I do other school work or just relax by a good book and listening to music

On weekdays, I am in the Gryffindor common room chatting with my friends or circling around the castles to find some places I haven't found out yet. Going to see quidditch practices while reading a nice book during the time I am not occupied with other work is a nice pass time.  And I wouldn't say no to  sneak into the kitchen to have something really good to eat. ;)

On Saturdays ...well  weekends!, so I would love to sleep on and on until noon and wake up to start the day by having something really good to eat. And in the evenings, hanging out with my friends outside the castle after grabbing some toasts from the great hall would be lovely. Plus a small walk inside forbidden forest would be excellent if those spiders of Aragog  doesn't chases us straight into the castle! *yikes*

And Sunday, well...a school day tomorrow with loads of homework. *Has a plenty of time today and totally forgets about it*. Then Hanging around the castle and Visiting Hagrid with a nice walk around the black lake with finally returning to the castle in time to have supper. Through the supper time remembers about the homework I have goy piled in the common room. *Dashs into the common room to finish it before tomorrow*. :D

Sign in to follow this