Gryffindor Common Room
Annabeth Fox

Help the Noobs!

Dear Gryffindor,

I am a noob, Annabeth Fox. But please, call me Fox. I have (not that many) friends, but I still need help! I feel that no one ever helps the noobs, and it's agonizing. I got some help from Adaleine Shuster and Prof. Zenix James, but other than that I am clueless. I don't even know if this is the accurate place to be writing this... ;) I caught on to bits and pieces, but for all the noobs out there I just want people to kindly leave tips about things like chatrooms, common rooms, homework, classes, messaging (or massaging) and have fun!

Seriously,

~Fox

My main bit of advice is: ask. Literally anyone on HOL will help you if you’re lost or need some pointers. Drop someone a message, talk to them in chat, ask in the ‘Ask a Prefect’ board on the main HOL forum. Don’t be shy, we were all new once and we want to see you succeed. More specifically, you can ask me as your prefect; it’s my job to make sure you can find everything you need.

But we’re not great at legilimency:  we need to know what you need to know so we can get you the info or encouragement you need. Even if you’re not sure what you want to find, at least tell us what you’re interested in so we can direct you. Don’t just look lost and suffer in silence, speak out. There's no need to agonise, we would honestly love to help if you'd give us the chance. :)

Also it’s important to have a good poke around and find things for yourself as a lot of the help you need is already out there for the discovering. There are plenty of resources to help: if you need to know about HOL in general, read the HOL handbook. You can find a link at the bottom of every page on the main HOL site. There’s also HOL 101 which is an introduction class and contains most everything you need to know.

If you want to know more about earning points, there’s Madam Pince’s Board on the Common Room where I describe how you can do that and post fun opportunities to earn more. If you want to know about what’s going on on HOL in general, read through the news announcements on the main homepage. Check the HOL Forum daily for new topics and activities and have a look at the Book Club and Hollers while you’re over there. Do the same for other houses Common Rooms as there’s usually something open to everyone.

There will always be something going on that you can join in on. You just have to be bold and explore. And always remember you can ask for help.

'Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it' :D

I'm not anywhere as awesome and helpful as Sky, but I would love to help out too :D But, you need to ask girl, you can't just assume we know you're confuzzled bout everything. And, like Sky so rightly stated 'Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it' (talk about the right quote at the right time ^_^)