Food   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Food

• Pizza
    • Pasta
    • Ice Cream
    • Chips
    • Pancakes

This is where we can all discuss our favorite foods. I made a small poll with a few things on it, so please vote! First off, what's everyone's favorite ice cream? Mine will have to be raspberry cheesecake :D

I once had stem ginger icecream and OMG it's amazing. I've also had one flavoured with French apple tart which I mixed with a scoop of apricot.

Wow! That sounds delicious :D When talking about ice cream, I tend to stick to what I know is good. Which is usually anything fruit related LOL I'm looking stem ginger ice cream up though cause that sounds good :P

My favorite ice cream is Mint chocolate chip. Always has been. Though I’m starting to get into peanut butter ice cream. Also not ice cream related but why are chocolate and vanilla opposites? They taste almost the same. 

Peanut butter icecream is amazing. My NaNoWriMo group used to have our events at a dessert place that would blend literally any  icecream you wanted into a milkshake and the nut flavours were always the best.

As for the chocolate vs vanilla debate, I think it harks back to when they were really the only 2 flavours on offer in most circumstances and were thus more polarising because you were an either or person.

I really like chips. I also really like pizza! I voted for chips though, because when I have the munchies, I go for something salted like potato chips or a cracker like Ritz.

As for ice cream ... nom. I most like the Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie or the Cheesecake Brownie.  As for Chocolate vs Vanilla -- in addition to what Sky says, I think it depends on who makes it? Real vanilla tastes a lot different from real chocolate. By the time so much sugar is added, though, maybe they are pretty much the same?

Re: Chocolate and Vanilla (and Strawberry)- Quote from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

"Prob'ly get run over by a big black car," said Brian, picking at a scab on a dirty knee. He brightened up. "Do you know," he said, "my cousin said that in America there's shops that sell thirty-nine different flavors of ice cream?"

This even silenced Adam, briefly.

"There aren't thirty-nine flavors of ice cream," said Pepper. "There aren't thirty-nine flavors in the whole world."

"There could be, if you mixed them up," said Wensleydale, blinking owlishly. "You know. Strawberry and chocolate. Chocolate and vanilla." He sought for more English flavors. "Strawberry and vanilla and chocolate," he added, lamely.

• Like 1

LOL, that quote is hilarious. "Strawberry and vanilla and chocolate" 

Ya, I mean, unless we can't count it, my thoughts go to vanilla bean ice cream versus dark chocolate. Polar opposites there :D Personally, vanilla is my thing if I had to choose between the two of them. 

And, yup, I voted for chips. Nothing is better than when you're hungry and you've got a bag of salt and vinegar chips. Quick snack when you're in a rush ;) What's everones fav chip flavor? Has anyone tried the weird pizza flavored chips cause I saw those once along with a lot of other flavors

Yeah, I'm a vanilla person if I have to choose. I mean some chocolate is good but some just isn't so vanilla is always a safe and enjoyable bet.

I love chips/crisps too but I can't eat them very often or I would just keep eating. I'm very snacky so I hardly ever snack. Salt and Vinegar is the best flavour but I actually really enjoy just plain salted too. I've also tried pizza flavour: I didn't think they were much to write home about, just vaguely tomato-y and herby.

I love ice cream. Anything with sugar really. One of my favorite ice cream flavors is cookie dough or one of those over the top flavors from Ben and Jerrys. Mint, peanut butter, birthday cake, chocolate chip, peppermint, are all wonderful flavors. I can't choose between them!!

As for chips, anything but plain I dislike. I don't really know why, but I will stick with my plain bag of chips for now. 

I like salted potato chips too, those are great. And as for ice cream, I forgot to mention that cotton candy flavored with marshmallows is also on my top best flavor list. I apologize if that's just plain disgusting to anyone :P 

I prefer the plain salted chips EXCEPT with one divergence! I love a particular kind of BBQ chips (same brand as the salted chips) which are ever so tasty. They have no preservatives or anything like that.  I do have a tendency to sort of eat all of them, though, in a very short time. ....

I voted for pizza because I was not sure what type of "chips" are we talking about. Potato chips or regular ones (french fries in U.S.)? I am guessing those were potato chips. Pizza would not get my vote if those chips were the regular ones. Sorry pizza.

I love plain salted potato chips. Salt and vinegar chips are also really good, as are pickle chips. I think that crab chips might be my favorite, though. 

There are so many. Considering, I love pizza topped with sausages, BBQ chicken, Chicken ham and Pepperoni with a dip of cream cheese......This is just so Yummy!

Coffee Ice cream and Chocolate chip Ice cream from Bluebell are always been my favourites. I'm not a that much vanilla person but, always prefer vanilla over dark chocolate. 

And Velvet Cream cheese Cupcakes.....I  can never get enough of that.

Lora, that pizza sounds utterly incredible. And I totally agree about the pasta, Nessa. Given a choice I will nearly always have pasta; besides, when I'm out (providing it's not ribbon pasta) it's easiest to eat without worrying about making a mess and embarrassing myself.

• Like 1

Popping in for a second to add that I love cream cheese icing Lora :D It's sooo much better than regular icing. When I'm eating cake, cupcakes, or anything with icing on it, I hate it when they put way too much on and you're basically eating icing with a bit of cake XD At the same time though, I wouldn't be able to eat it without icing, so there's a perfect amount for me that decides whether or not I like it LOL

• Like 1

On Thursday, July 04, 2019 at 11:20 AM, Lora Wallabenger said:

There are so many. Considering, I love pizza topped with sausages, BBQ chicken, Chicken ham and Pepperoni with a dip of cream cheese......This is just so Yummy!

Coffee Ice cream and Chocolate chip Ice cream from Bluebell are always been my favourites. I'm not a that much vanilla person but, always prefer vanilla over dark chocolate. 

And Velvet Cream cheese Cupcakes.....I  can never get enough of that.

I totally agree with Lora. Cream cheese dipped with pizza , I will try it soon 

Poor pancakes, they are still loved tho, also I prefer drinks over solid food. But I voted for pizza since it's something that could be eaten anytime of the year.

Checking back in on this thread and I'm genuinely not surprised that pizza is in the lead over all this time. There's so many various ways to eat it and you can find it in pretty much any corner of the world. I agree with Cissy, pizza can definitely be eaten whenever! 

That's so strange! Nobody voted for pancakes :O I'm really in the mood for some pancakes right now. Weirdly enough, I haven't been loving sweet foods lately. I think chips, pancakes, or pizza would have my vote now. Not a huge pasta person.