Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

Who You Gonna Call?

Sometimes The Ghost Busters are nowhere to be found and you have to call a HOLer instead

The game is pretty simple, the person above you will suggest a problem. Your job is to say which member of HOL you’d call to help you out with it and why, then suggest a problem for the next person. The situations and reasons can be as simple, sensible or as silly as you like.

Example:

Person 1: The CR just exploded.

Person 2: I'd ask Prof. Dario to get his toolkit-he fixed it the last time!

There’s a boggart in my downstairs toilet

Person 3: I'd get onto Prof. Scarlet, she teaches people to confront them….

(And so on)

Sooo, our first problem in need of solving is….

Ahg! There’s a rampaging herd of purple hooved hippocampi on the loose in the library. Who would you call to help get rid of them?

I would call Ryan Granger, because he works in the library AND he loves adorable animals, so he would gladly work with them to get them back where they belong. 

Oh no! You're having a party this weekend and just found out some of your guests can't eat meat! Who would you call for some awesome vegetarian recipes?

Edited by Kendra Givens

I'd run panicking to Prof. Arielle to see if she could recommend something from the extensive notes she received from celebrated Vegetarian cook Kennilworthy Wisp for her class

You've been working so hard on your class production  of The Fountain of Fair Fortune and everything is set for the premier tomorrow night...only you've forgotten to design and paint any scenery! Who could help you out of this jam?

Amy Lupin would probably be able to help me speed paint something that would look awesome and then magic it dry so it could be hung up without dripping.

You accidentally turned the ceiling pink with zig zag lines all across it. Who do you get to help you fix it?

Edited by Gail Allen

Katelin Ross would be the person to make sure that the pink had purple spots and that the zig zags coordinate with both!

You've accidentally turned Greenhouse 3 into a forest of mandrakes which are screaming their heads off.

Who do you get to help silence those screeching critter/plants?

Well, I'd hope to get the situation sorted out before a professor found out and started asking awkward questions about my dangerous incompetence so I'd go find Astrid Black as she is a class assistant for a herbology class. Hopefully she could help me rectify things before it got to the stage where I had to fess up.

Uh oh, a game of gobstones got a bit too heated and now someone has been transfigured into a tortoiseshell cat. They're a very cuddly kitty but they have exams to sit next week so they can't stay that way. Who do you call to put it right?

I'd call Prof. Tarma Amelia Black since she teaches the Charms class and might know how to reverse the spell. At the very worst, I'd call Prof. Ryan Granger since he teaches the Care of Magical Creatures classes.

While walking to class, you notice someone has knocked down a bunch of portraits and they are NOT happy! Who do you call to help get them sorted back into their correct portraits on the wall?

I would call a whole team for this one!
Everyone who participated in Hufflepuff's Sleigh Ride this last December were doing their very best to help find the missing students from a portrait. So I know we have practice and I'm sure it would go faster if we all helped each other like we did there.

You wake up at 3am in the night in a cold sweat because you realise you volunteered to decorate the entire great hall for the end of year feast, but you haven't even started looking for the banner etc, much less carry them to the hall or even decided on a theme (when it's revealed who won the housecup all the decorations will just turn into the colour of that house) but you still have to sort out the decorations and you know you won't make it on your own.
Who do you ask for help (and who do you think won't bite your head off for waking them at this time)?

I'd go and beg Vanessa Tilley to help me out. She's got artistic flare and she's very lovely so I'm 99% sure she wouldn't curse me into oblivion for waking her up. Besides, she's a firsty  so she's not about to tattle on me for being out of bed or being so ditsy....(wait, who said that?)

You were frantically trying to cram for your potions exam tomorrow when you managed to knock an entire bookcase over. Now there are very old and valuable texts everywhere and you haven't the faintest idea of how you can put them back in order . Who would you rely on to lend a hand?

I would call Prof. Tarma Amelia Black, as I go to her with all of my problems. 

You were having a party to celebrate the dark lord falling, but you accidently sent an invite to an old death eater and they are NOT happy! They come to your place and start yelling, who do you call to help calm them down?

I'd call Iverian. She could think of something strange, I'm sure.

Continuing the party theme ...

So you have a bunch of folks coming over to party and you found out that you put baking soda in the cookies instead of baking powder and they are all sort of wonky and you need cookies NOW.  Who you going to call?

I'm going to call Vanessa Tilley, since she can cook and do magic. 

You were supposed to schedule a vacation for you and your friends, and they are going to be at your place in an hour to go to the airport.  You go online to check in, and find that you hadn't bought the tickets! It is nearly impossible to find any tickets left, so.... WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

I am going to call Ivey!  She will be able to distract the guests with her crazy antics so when admit what happens my friends won’t be as angry.  Ivey lessens the blow. 

You are getting ready to have a game night with your friends when you open the closet where the games are kept and see all your games are ruined.  There was a leak in the closest!  Everyone will be there in 10 minutes.  Who are you going to call?

I'm going to call Will!  He has a huge supply of charms and hexes, and if nothing else, will be able to block the flow of water for a while, if not actually fix the plumbing!

Your puppy just sort of accidentally ate some Filibuster Whizz Bombs. WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

I'll call Tarma! As the resident Charms professor, she might be able to suggest a charm to help neutralise the Filibuster Whizz Bombs.

You left your assignments for the last minute, so you head for the library to get the necessary books, only to find that they're in some obscure language and there are no other books or notes to turn to. Who will you ask to come to your rescue?

I would ask Emma Borg as she's famous for knowing far too many languages than should be physically possible for one person.

You have a super important interview for an internship at the Daily Prophet but you're at your wits end trying to find something suitable to wear, who you gonna call?

I'd ask the fashionable Dario for some advice on where to do some last-minute shopping.

You need to brew a complex potion in preparation for a dangerous undertaking, only you're missing some of the ingredients, not to mention the recipe itself, and you can't afford to get it wrong. Who you gonna call?

I'd ask Kath Snape as she was the one who taught me introductory potions!

You find a weird Muggle object in front of you that looks like two black plastic sheets joined together at a strange angle.  The lower sheet has ribbed squares with alphabet letters, words, and other symbols on them; the upper sheet can swing around a bit but looks completely dark.  Something tells you this object is extremely important to use somehow.  Who you gonna call?

If typography is involved, we definitely need Amy on the scene!

The groundskeeper has a gnome problem in the vegetable patch and you eagerly volunteer to take care of it for him. However, once you get there, you quickly realize that this is not a one-person job. The gnomes have you severely outnumbered! Who you gonna call?

I'd call Iverian Gnash as she has boundless energy and isn't afraid of critters that bite (just ask her local iguanas)

Two of your friends are having a fierce debate about something that should be minor (and it's taking over all your lives). Try as you might, you can't get them to agree to disagree so who do you call to get them to see sense?

I'd call the person trying to get them to see sense and ask if she wants to go have pizza while they sort out their differences (or not). (If they don't want to see sense, they wont! Also, once the mediator is gone, they might just stop ... because leaving the situation, in and of itself, is a statement.) But pizza is very good.

You are heading out to the library to return some overdue books. They are from the Restricted Section so you only had permission to have them for 1 day. But when you heft up your book bag, it feels way too light. They are in there but shrunk! Who you gonna call?

I’m going to call Sky. She can distract the librarian while I run out to grab new books. 

You volunteered to organize all of the books in the library. Once you get to the library you realize just how many books you have to organize. You attempt a simple organizing spell, but you mess up and all of the books fly everywhere. You have three hours before the librarian comes back, but the job will take at least five hours. Who you gonna call?

I'd call Tarma as she's incredibly organized, and she's a Charms professor, so the work should be a piece of cake for her! ^_^

You walk out to the grounds when all of a sudden, an owl smacks into your face! After a moment of confusion and bewilderment, you notice the owl attempting to unsuccessfully fly away. Upon closer inspection, you see that it's right wing seems broken and needs to be tended to. Who you gonna call?

I thought about a few names for this but I'd call Prof. Ryan Granger as he seems to understand about magical creatures the most (I learned a lot about Care of Magical Creatures from him).

You head for the Quidditch pitch and grab your broom but it no longer seems to respond to you at all!  It barely moved when you yelled "UP" and you have been unable to mount it to begin flying.  Who you gonna call?

The one and only Cody Lewis! There's a 50% chance that he put a hex on my broom as a practical joke and if not, he'd know how to go about fixing it.

You're exploring the castle and tentatively walk into a room that you've never seen before. When you try to leave, the door jams and you now seem to be stuck in limbo. Are you in a faulty Vanishing Cabinet? Who you gonna call?