Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Missa Matz

Gryfftoberfest Help!

Hi everyone! As you know Gryfftoberfest is right around the corner, but this year is a little different. In order to get more activity and creativity we're looking towards you to put any and all ideas you might have for a short contest or whatever below. They might be used, they might not. But I'll give 5 beans per idea. We're still going to have the old stuff most likely, like motto, sig and avatar, poetry, pumpkin carving, and a den challenge...but I would love for some new fresh ideas to emerge! We're looking for ideas, not a complex drawn out schematic about how you want it run, because it will be run by SPD if it's chosen (you however will get credit for the idea).

So let's start firing away those thoughts! Gryfftoberfest is only a few short weeks away!

why not make it a halloween themed gryfftober? 

With costume contests, a halloween search and find in the forums, pumpkin carving, spooky horror stories; video making, graphic making, ... the whole lot. Just and idea

regards and waves

I was also thinking about an all halloween theme. Coloring page? Spooky photo challenge?

already got costumes and pumpkin carving...A theme is a good idea, but the motto, sig and avatar shouldn't be after a theme *g*...so what other ideas you girls got?

mmm 

- crafts of your own like croching, drawing, painting, papercraft,...

a cool theme might be halloween or even colombus day (usa holiday), 

MM OO

a trip around the world, how halloween is celebrated in each country <.< 

pictures of food from around the world during halloween...

We can also do  a beer stall xD (without the alchohol) but a beer stall is something were we gather around a campfire and tell spooky stories or in our forum complete spooky stories, you can add graphics and so :D 

just spewing some idea's 

Kim - How would one go about a coloring page? Like, I could totally take one from my kids' coloring books, scan and upload and make everyone color in photoshop or paint or something, could also have people color their own and upload...or do you know websites where coloring pages and stuff are located?

I would go with a coloring page for adults. There are a lot on pinterest. I will send you an owl with some links of what I mean :)

People could print it and color it (the way I prefer) or do it with paint / photoshop. Whatever they think works best. 

Scavenger Hunt (I love those)... picture Challenge for halloween: for example house decorations. 

mmm 

trick or treat: hide halloween candy around the forum and let the members find them, around 60 can be hidden and 30 beans can be awarded to anybody who finds them all

the big monster quest: there is a monster on the loose in gryffindor common room and the members need to find it before it destroys everything, this can spread over 4 weeks with each week a task that gives clue to were the monester is hidding in the forum

we can also add puzzles like word search, crossword puzzles in the theme of halloween

just spewing some ideas

Edited by Rowan Dream

What about a section inside gryfftoberfest where people can add avatars, pictures, stories that show other houses what we are doing inside gryfftober, a bit like the year book but on a much smaller scale. 

We can add a section somewhere where everybody can post their "dairy" of what they have been doing inside gryfftoberfest

and I'll look the movie up :D 

Sign in to follow this