Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Emma Weasley

Are you an author?

Guest Emma Weasley

Hello! I'm starting this topic because I am currently writing a book that I'd like to publish and I was wondering if there were others on HOL who rather enjoy writing books as well. It can be any kind of book- non-fiction, realistic fiction, fiction, fantasy, high-fantasy, fan-fic, and the list goes on and on and on. :girlwitch: So here, you can tell us what your book is about, maybe introduce some characters, perhaps copy down a page, just talk about the book your writing! And feel free to compliment on others books, too! You can criticize as well, but only CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM (criticism that will help the person make their book more interesting)- such as, "Hey, your book seems great, but I think it would be even better if _______________.", and most certainly not, "I don't like your book." or anything along the lines of that. Alright, let me start with my book.

My book is about a half-demon named Aceda who escapes from Nara (a hellish-world where all demons and some half-demons live) when she is 11, and escapes to Mardon, which is a place where humans live that is much less terrifying than Nara. But 5 years after Aceda arrives in Mardon, it becomes even more terrifying than Nara. Everyone is running, demons are coming out of the portal and killing and torturing thousands of humans, homes are burning, the sun has gone out, and Aceda stands in the middle of it, terrorized along with everyone else at first, but soon she stands sword in hand, demon blood staining her shirt, and with a new power that she never manages to find out about- or not in this book anyway. I do so hope you find my book interesting.

Guest Angel Pevensie

Emma, may I know why you chose demon as your main character's background? For me, demon means evil and all antagonist characters. I like vampires, though.

But I think it's great of you to start your book. For me, I have like hundreds of ideas in my head, but I just don't know how to put them in words. It always gets stuck in the middle of somewhere :laugh:

Guest Emma Weasley

I decided to make her a half demon because of the way the world I created works. True, she is half demon, but she is also half human, and takes mostly after her father (who is a full human). Demons, in my world, are indeed evil, but they're nothing like the goblins in The Hobbit. They are much more intelligent. They are like humans in that way, and they are civilized. (well, as civilized as something evil ever gets, possibly a bit more)

I love writing!! I'm writing a fantasy book, and I hope I could publish it, one day :Q__

It is set in two worlds , Earth and another planet and the protagonists are two girls and two boys. It also involves the four elements :) but I'm only at the beginning...

Emma, your story seems amazing, I would really like to read it :)

Hey, I'm writing a fantasy triology too, Alessandra! *high-fives* Mine's medieval fantasy though with the main protagonist a female, but in books two and three I have a male protagonist I switch back and forth though.

Mine only takes place in one world, but has moments of magic and fairie-like elements.... 

Oh wow, Hailey, fantasy rules!!

*high-fives too*

I'm studying literature in order to become a writer, but also to become a teacher *.*

I think I would use magic too, the antagonist is an evil witch!!

Even my most important protagonist is female ;)

I love writing, but I never have enough patience to finish my stories. I've been writing a childrens novel with my sister for several years, but we are lazy and never get to finish it. Every year, we decide we'll try to finish it on time for a famous childrens book contest, but we never do... :( I guess I'd need more motivation and patience if I wanted to become an author.

Guest Asia Shea

I'm writing a novel for children about a girl named Asia.

Yes this is why my name is Asia. Thought I might make that clear.

And it is about how she goes around trying to find these objects that hold memories to defet the enemy who wants her kind destoyed but the enemy is hosting one of them who went bad but was one of the first 10 or so kids who was of that kind.

In other words it's a really complicated story.

Your story sounds super intresting! I would totally read it. But my mum wouldn't allow me to.

Like a lot of people I have got so many ideas it is hard to know where to start. However taking part in library challenges is good, as you can try out idea, and get feedback, to know whether you're ideas are appreciated by others. Even if you don't want to take part, try to read and review as many as possible, you can learn a lot from others. 

On JK Rowling's web site she recommends writing a little each day. 

P.S. All your ideas sound really interesting, if you ever publish them, I would love to read them.

Sign in to follow this