Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Eno Thomas

Real life classes?

Are you still a student? If yes, tell us what classes are you taking this year in RL (Real Life).

I am majoring in Telecommunications and this is my second year of studying in university. My school starts tomorrow actually, so I don't know what classes I'm taking this year but I'll edit this post as soon as possible.

What about you?

I've got one more year of school! Yaye, almost done. >_<

Anyways, I'm majoring in Microbiology and Japanese. I'm currently spending a year in Japan, so I'm taking an Intensive Japanese language class and then 2 Japanese literature classes, one pre-modern and one Modern. Modern is by far my favorite course this semester. I do miss taking the science classes though... Oh well. :)

Guest Ilona Littrell

I'm almost done with my degree! Two months left! Hopefully I won't fail... xD

I'm majoring in Japanese language and International Politics.

I can't wait to be done...I'm so sick of studying >.<

I'm just not very good with time management, which means I have weeks where I just don't sleep.

Guest Ann Ong

*Sigh*

Regarding the classes, I have a long story to tell...

I'm still in my high school, and the classes that I have to take are terribly...many. Since I'm studying in a Chinese independent school, I have to take both government exams and exams of our own system. Chinese, English, Malay, Additional Maths, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Moral, Chinese literature for the government exams whereas subjects for Chinese independent school are Chinese, English, Malay, Advanced Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Yup, most of them are the same subjects, but sadly, they are in different syllabus and the subjects of Chinese independent school are more harder. :(

Guest Madeline Bronte

I'm in year 9 so I have to take English Lit, English Language, Maths, German, French, Geography, History, D&T, PE, Art, PSHE, Music, History, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and ICT. Next year though I get to choose what lessons I want to take (yay!) so I'm taking English Language, English Lit, Media Studies, French, Geography, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths ><

I'm a college junior who unfortunately has five more semesters after this one. :( that's two and a half years....

i'm an interdisciplinary studies K-6 major (that means elementary/primary education!) with a minor in recording industry for songwriting.

i'm trying to get my Gen Eds out of the way, so a lot of my classes are gen eds this semester. so i am currently taking Teaching Diverse Learners in the General Ed Classroom (AKA Special Ed), Experiences of Literature (AKA the same exact stuff I had to do for my three semesters taking AP English in high school :( ), Survey of the Recording Industry (AKA all the tedious and confusing yet VERY important information from all the classes in the recording industry program jumbled up into one....), Health, and History of the [American] Recording Industry.

I think I reflect everyone else's opinions in just wanting to be DONE. the issue, however, is being an interdisciplinary major, it doesn't really give you any room to take what you WANT. that's why i added a minor, but at the same time i have so many interests, and i won't get to pursue them all because you can only be involved in so many programs unless you want to be in college (and therefore broke) forever....

Guest Sally Odenweller

I'm a college freshman, ^__^ and I'm taking up Multimedia arts and I'm already in my 2nd term. My course includes Intermediate drawing, Graphic design, Desktop publishing, Human-Computer Interaction, Expository writing, and Public Speaking. We're doing tons of art works every week and must be done at the following week already! I think they're just insane.

I'm really having a hard and difficult time at public speaking. Maybe because I'm not used in speaking 'publicly' so ..yeah. And she's just terrorizing me, I bet she has one magical eye she's keeping on me cause whenever there's an activity or something, she's bursting out the sentence, "SOMEONE IS NOT PARTICIPATING!" then she has both eyes on my face, even though I am completely partaking on that something and participating in that something, But,anyhow, she's kind and nice and humble and other words that goes with it...

..and I am so not into photoshop! Who invented that anyway, well, I know it's useful and stuff, and there are a lot of people out there who're as good as the inventors, but it isn't just user-friendly, especially to me. >__< and tomorrow, we'll be having a make-up class on that. I'd rather transfigure incompletely and drink a poison Snape forces me to take.

But, anyway, that's my life in RL. :))

Guest Arabella Willow

My classes for the year have just started, since the southern hemisphere is different to all of you up there *waves*

I'm in my last year of high school here, grade 12, and I'm taking Chemistry, English Writing, Maths Applied and Media Journalism. Oh, and religion too, only 'cause it's compulsory (the joys of a Catholic school).

Guest Victoria Morris

I currently in college taking a Business Level 3 Extended Diploma course and as many of you might have guessed it's very boring ^_^ Not really sure why I continued taking business courses really :lol:

Guest Sydney Alexandra

Well in grade 8 you don't really get to choose your classes, but next year I'm taking French, Gym, Music, Drama, English, Science, Math and Business :)

Guest Estelle Lupa

I'm a college Freshman too. :) I'm taking Acting, Philosophy, French, and Religion in America.I'm actually enjoyng all of them, which I didn't think I would. I thought Philosophy would be a total drag, but it isn't. :) I have a teacher from Romania who has a fun accent and uses word problems involving Dracula. xD

I'm in Year 11 now and we have IGSCE (British Curriculum) Exams this year (well, technically next year in May/June 2015 :P) and we got to choose which topics we want to take in Year 8. The ones I chose are: (Mandatory) Maths, English, PE, (Ones I chose) Accounts, Business Studies, Economics, IT, Environmental Management, and Travel and Tourism. 

Economics - since my parents insisted me to take that >_> - and English Language&Literature. I really want to take German too but, free classes have only two slots <_<

Also bunch of required classes, like, Math, PE, Religion, Civics, and the others I can't remember because having too much holidays.

Hmm...my highschool days are over.

But I'm going to go back to uni in October to finish my Marketing with Events Management degree. So, here I come, dissertation! :wild:

My lectures usually involve Marketing, Events Management, Business, PR and Advertising. But these are very broad :cry:

Pharmacy. So I get to learn everything about meds. What are they for, How do they work, are there side effects, can you take other meds at the same time...

also in the past 3 years I had a lot of chemistry.

The rl classes I'll be taking this term are Mathematics, all aspects of Science, English, History, and for my electives this term, I'm taking gym (mainly because I get to play sports and go bowling and swimming) and Co - op education.

This year I am in 9th grade so i'm taking Math (Algebra 1), English, World History, Biology, Spanish two, and Gym. However I am not allowed to take gym as I had Knee Surgery back in October. 

Now I'm at the second (out of three) year of college; I'm studying ancient literature and this term I'll have Latin 2, Greek 2 and Greek History. I should be at the third year, but I studied Math for a year and decided later to pass at literature and start from the beginning.

Sign in to follow this