Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Eno Thomas

Where are you from?

I think that Gryffindors need to know each other better, so our team work would be more solid and successful and I think that this kind of threads help with that. In this thread you have the opportunity to introduce your nationality, but don't mention the city, just the state because it's against the HOL Rules. All the posts containing the name of the city will be removed/modified it depends on the mood the mod is. Also tell us some interesting facts about your country.

I am from Albania, a small European country which borders with Greece, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia. We also share sea borders with Italy. Albania's most awesome part is the seaside in the south, it's also called Albania's riviera. Also we are the country where Voldemort hid for a long period! biggrin.gif

What about you?

Guest Naru Aizawa

I come from Poland, quite a big country in Central Europe, bordered by 7 other countries. It's the 9th largest country in Europe and it's a member of the European Union, NATO and the United Nations. The capital city is Warsaw.

Guest Ann Ong

I'm from Malaysia, an Asia country where Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia are the neighboring countries. I'm definitely a Chinese, a Malaysian Chinese. You all know that there are so many different races in Malaysia...

I'm from Wisconsin, USA, known for it's cheese, beer, and sausage. (Yes, we're pretty awesome. ;) ) We're fairly small, but the people here are great. ^__^ Oh, and our state song is the POLKA. How much more awesome can you get? Oh wait, we also have a state bacteria. Lactobacillus (from milk and yogurt and things). First state to do that. We rock. :P

Currently, however, I'm residing in Tokyo, Japan. (The prefecture, not the city. ;) ) It's huuuuuuge, let me just say that. And freakin' awesome. The food is amazing and Missa is very jealous that I eat gyoza regularly. (Come viiiiisit, Missa. <3)

Guest Madeline Bronte

I'm from Wales and Thailand (yeah, wierd combo) but I consider myself English coz I've lived here since I was 5 (woo go Brits!)

Guest Ilona Littrell

I'm from Norway \o/ ^^

Norway is on the western end of the Scandinavian peninsula. It borders Sweden (Our sweet brother ^^), Finland and Russia.

Norway is a very comfortable country to live in, except from the relatively short summers <_<

At the moment I'm living in Australia where I've been for about 2 years, I also spent a year living and studying in Japan *goes to visit Jenny*. I want Yakiniku and Kimchi! (yes I know they're originally Korean, but I was in Japan and they were there) xD

letter 'h'

Guest Ophelia Cromwell

I live in Australia, and I'm sure you don't really need an explanation of what it's like! I would like to clear up, however, that we don't all have kangaroos in our backyard, we don't all live in the outback, it's not crazily hot with tons of sunshine every day and don't be disappointed if you come here one day and don't hear someone say "G'day" :P

Guest Jinxy Jo

Born in Scotland, live in Scotland and will probably never leave Scotland. What a dreary thought. If you haven't guessed yet I'm from Scotland. Home of Irn Bru, golf and the Bay City Rollers. In everyday life we wear kilts, play the bagpipes, speak in gaelic and eat haggis.

I'm from Tennessee, USA.

We're known for our two music cities (Nashville and Memphis), the home of country and rock&roll. otherwise, there's not much here. it's really pretty here in the fall, but outside of that it's really boring. But we're not a bunch of hillbillies. (not all of us, anyway) For some strange reason people think we don't wear shoes.... but we really do. I have a closet full of 'em to prove it.... :)

i live in prince edward island (pei), canada, i have been only been here for about 4 months, so i do not know much about canada since i am originally from london, england and lived there for 11 years. all i know is that pei is a island in canada and is known for its brilliant ice cream and a concert they put on every summer called anne of green gables.

Guest Sarah Evans

I'm actually from Sri Lanka....hard to believe right? I mean, who has ever HEARD of Sri Lanka?? Not many people....it's an Island (go beaches!). It's a magnificent Island that's just off the coast of India.

But now I live in Canada....yes, the land of polar bears, igloos, freezing winters, and coffee addicts....not really! We don't ride polar bears to school, actually. That's a disappointment, isn't it?

Ah well, we still get pretty cold winters, and lots and lots of snow (be jealous). LOL.

For those of you not familiar with Canada, it is the second biggest country in the world ( after Russia and before China), and we are placed above USA. ;)

Guest Ann Black

Well I reside in Illinois, USA though I was born in Nebraska USA. My state is known for all the gangsta's and Chicago. Fun right? Yaaaa- no. I won't even lie.

On the other hand in my head I'm from Godrics Hollow. ;) Lol Just kidding!! (I wish..)

I am Canadian, residing in New York, I am half Italian and half Portugese. I was born in Canada, both parents born back in Europe.

Guest Maria Vianney Gracia

I'm Indonesian and live there, and I am half Chinese :P

Guest Macyn Archer

Hey Im from New Jersey U.S.A. Although i dont plan on staying here after high school. Well within in the past 3 years became known for the Jersey Shore the show and the actual beach its self. Which i have to say gives us a worse reputation then we already have. So let me clear this up. No we are not all guidos who blow out there hair and constantly tan. The beaches are rarely like what u see in the show, and yes i have seen them on the board walk and there not that special. The show makes a mockery of New Jersey also because more then half the cast arent even from New Jersey there all from New York. So yeah sorry for ranting :blush: but it bothers me. Otherwise were called the garden state and as some people might believe it's a nice state to live in :)

Guest Logan Weatherly

Hello! I'm from the state of Georgia, in the USA. I grew up in North Carolina until I was ten though, so they get my sports team loyalty. However, the Braves are my favorite baseball team...especially back in the 90s and 2000s when we won the pennant all the time. Georgia is a lot cooler than people realize; we have the busiest airport in the world (Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta), the largest indoor aquarium (the Georgia Aquarium), we hosted the 1996 Olympic games, and are the birthplace of Coca-Cola. Can we be anymore awesome? You'll often hear bad things about us, but don't believe it for a second. We're friendly, and like to treat people to our famous hospitality. Come visit sometime, but not in the summer...it's really hot here then!

Guest Kylie Joel Lonerins

Heya, all!

I'm Indonesian though I have Arabian blood from my Mum family ^^

And I live herein southeast area of Asia, in the largest islands country in the world, Indonesia. :P

A beautiful tropical place which never met winter make the variety of natural resources widely diverse. :lol:

But i wish i could go to places where i can feel winter and see snow one day. xD

Guest Lucy Mawu

I live in good old USA. More detailed would be South Florida. I have been living here now for about a year. Interesting fact about Florida? We have Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Disney World and Sea World all within 5 mins from each other, lol. We also have a lot of Sunshine, and make awesome oranges :D

Side note: I used to live in France (14 years), Germany (1 year), Ireland (4 months), and a total of 7 1/2 years in Florida. I am German-American ;)

Guest Arabella Willow

I live in Australia, and I'm sure you don't really need an explanation of what it's like! I would like to clear up, however, that we don't all have kangaroos in our backyard, we don't all live in the outback, it's not crazily hot with tons of sunshine every day and don't be disappointed if you come here one day and don't hear someone say "G'day" :P

Shhhh! Don't shatter the illusion!!

I live in Australia too, in Tasmania (the little heart shaped island off the bottom of the mainland). It is pretty much freezing everyday in winter (but it only snows on the mountains and sometimes inland), and usually in the 20 - 25 degree centigrade area in summer. So you know, not hot. We also don't have koalas (and they are NOT bears :P), but we have tassie devils and used to have tassie tigers. Tassie also probably has the worst reputation out of the states, with a lot of inbreeding/two headed jokes (quite a lot of people are related down here).

I also used to live in Western Australia for 7 years, where it was much warmer, we had a beach that you wouldn't freeze if you went in the water, and Eastern Staters aren't too welcome in some parts.

I'm also half Italian, my nonna and nonno came over in the 50's (I think) and my dad is a first generation Australian, so I am properly half Italian. The other half is probably Irish or something. Mum's side probably came over as convicts or in the gold rush.

Guest Estelle Lupa

I'm from Chicago, Illinois, USA. We're known for out Pizza, Hot Dogs, Al Capone, Michael Jordan, and Da Bears. xD I have lived here my entire life, and with the exception of my college dorm, I've lived in the same house for all 18 years of my life. I'm not too exciting.

But nationality wise, I'm a mutt. haha. I'm Polish, German, Irish, English, French Canadian, and something else I can't remember. I'm mostly German Irish and Polish though.

Guest Laurie Lovegood

I'm half Scottish, half American. With little bits of German, Dutch, Native American, and stuff like that xD

I live in Germany though, for now at least. :3

Guest Sydney Alexandra

I'm a proud Canadian :D best country in the world in my opinion.

And just to clarify, no it's not always snowy and cold here. I actually live south of some of the northern parts of the US. It is reather green here, even in Toronto there's a lot of trees and parks. We are best known for our "francais quebequois", hockey, beavertails, polar bears and our loonies and toonies.

I might live in Canada, but I am half Finnish and I have a Finnish citizenship. And I speak french pretty fluently.

Guest Jade Packer

Right I was made in Taiwan, raised in Australia and currently frolicking/working in the UK although I'm soon to embark on an epic European road trip...that is if I can find a car >>

Guest Victoria Morris

I'm English but I have connections to Wales :) Not sure if I have any other connections but I'll have a look :lol:

Sign in to follow this