Gryffindor Common Room
Iverian Gnash

Funny Animal Moments

While watching this squirrel walk around me, play with his tail, and then proceed to lay on a picnic table like a dog with his head resting on his paws stretched out in front of him, I thought of all the times we encounter animals on a day to day basis. Where I live, there are a lot of iguanas and a few minutes ago I was on my computer at a picnic table (next to this pathetic squirrel XD) when an iguana literally dropped out of a tree and onto the ground. All I heard was this thunk and there's an iguana just standing there stunned. I'm increasingly impressed by animal resilience. After standing there staring at me like 'You didn't see that, right?' he ran off (not sure if he ran off out of embarrassment or if it had to do with our amusing squirrel who decided to check him out).

Once, I was in Washington D.C. with my family when a squirrel came down to us and grabbed an entire cup of mac and cheese from the stroller, run up a tree just out of arms reach, and begin eating it in front of us. You know, if you're gonna steal my lunch, at least have the decency to take it away and not taunt me with it XD 

What are some funny or just odd animal encounters you've experienced? 

I've had so many! I think the first one that occurs to me is the frog who climbed up the wall on the outside of the house, then climbed onto the window, and just stayed there, looking in. He (She) stayed there for the longest time, too, before wandering off. I took a picture ...

Gryffindor-July-2019-frog-visiting-1.jpg

picture shows a frog on a window. What is visible is the pale underside of a frog (mostly shades of golden brown paling to pale cream) - with the four legs and suckers on toes clinging to the window. Photo appears to be taken with a flash. 'Outside' appears to be dark but with mottled dark greens and browns and 'vague' plant shapes barely visible.

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
adding more to description besides 'picture of a frog on the window'

There are SO MANY funny animal stories I could share having so many animals but the one that is coming to my mind involves a toad. 

My husband is known to many as the reptile whisperer because every time we go somewhere, even just to the store, he will find a reptile.  Usually he finds frogs and lizards but snakes also seem to find him as well.  This story deals with a special toad that hangs around the house.  He moves around from building to building but this particular month he was hanging out in our German Shepherd's dog lot.   David was getting ready to feed Amber and when he opened the door to the lot the toad jumped out and went to one of his hang out spots under a building.  Well, David plays with Amber for a bit and gives her food and when he comes back, the toad is sitting there patiently waiting at the door.  David opens the door to let himself out and the toad just hops right back inside.