Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Iverian Gnash

Listening to Music

Listening to Music  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to listen to music?

• Out loud
    • Headphones
    • Earbuds

I know we have quite a few topics on music, ranging from favorite artists to playing instruments, but we've never discussed how everyone listens to it. While playing music on my computer today, I began to wonder how often most people listen to it and what they listen with. For me, I've always used earbuds because, while I prefer it out loud (I can sing along :P), earbuds give me privacy when listening and, of course, it doesn't distract others from what they're doing. However, sometimes I'll find a quiet spot where I can turn it down and enjoy it quietly.

I will literally listen to music for hours on end while performing all of my day-to-day activities and I have a wide range of music I enjoy, from Pop to softer, calming songs. Music has always been a part of my life and I have a hard time going too long without it :P

So, with that said, do you prefer to use earbuds and/or headphones to listen to music, or would you rather play it out loud? How often do you hear music? Is it something you crave or can you do without it?

I generally use my headphones now because they give me a better, more immersive experience than my earbuds. They're also supposed to be better for the health of your ears and as I wear them pretty much all day every day, I made the switch.

That being said, I'm not always listening to music, just my screenreader. I'll listen to background music if I want to get really engrossed in something or a more upbeat song if I want to give my brain a break from whatever it was I've been focusing on.

Music is one of the things I really love with my headphones on, they are much better and comfortable than earbuds. I usually like to listen to music when I am reading or studying or when I am really bored.  I prefer speakers to listen to my rock pops to some calming country music I really like. Music is something I technically can't live without.

Sign in to follow this