Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

End of Term Scavenger Hunt!

I was busy putting things in order around Gryffindor tower, ready for the end of term. Just as I was finishing up unpinning old notices from the board, Iverian came and found me. She wanted to draw my attention to just how much stuff was in the Lost Property Cupboard: a lot. So much, in fact, that I can’t actually get the door to close. Hmm… I think it’s probably time to do something about that…

We desperately need all of HOL's help to work out what these lost items are and, as importantly, who they belong to so we can clear this pile before the end of term. Do you think you’re up to the challenge?

A clue to an item and a particular HOLer will be posted each day, starting on the 16th of January and ending on the 30th. The possessions are all ones featured in the original 7 Harry Potter books and are items you might expect to find in a Hogwarts Common Room. The people are all ones whose names you can find around the Gryffindor Common Room forums: any forum and any type of content is fair game. They might be current members or ones we’ve not seen in a while. Also, they might not necessarily be a lion – we get a lot of visitors! (It goes without saying that these people were picked totally at random and nobody has actually lost anything, so please don’t bug these members with the joyous news that you’ve found their bottle of Ten Second Pimple Vanisher)

You’ll earn 5 rubies for each correctly guessed item and 5 for each correctly guessed person. You can answer the clues on the day they’re posted or you can save them up and answer them in a bunch: there’s no reward for speed. However, if you managed to get all of them, you’ll earn a 20 rubies bonus at the end. That’s a possible 170 overall. Just make sure all your answers are in by 11.59 PM HOL-time on 30th January

Submit your answers in a PM to me, Sky Alton, with the subject-line ‘Scavenger Hunt’. If you submit clues one at a time or in small bunches, just reply to that message string rather than creating another.

If you have any questions or get stuck, I’m only a message away. Happy hunting!

(Also, massive thanks to the amazing Iverian Gnash for suggesting this activity and helping put it together)

Hello everyone! Thank you Sky for starting this off :) Now, it has come to my attention that many of you have been rather careless about their property. *pulls cool pen and box out of pile* I was wondering where this got to! What's this? Also my old DADA book?! I had to borrow Sky's when I lost, I mean someone TOOK my book! I would like this stuff to be returned to everyone since the cupboard seems like a great place to store all the things that I have stolen *cough* I mean BORROWED for fellow classmates. Alright, so here goes.

Clue #1 - Item

1.   This item of clothing was banned in OWL examinations

Clue #1 - Person

1. The owner of this item posted about birthdays in the Fat Lady's Portrait

Like Sky mentioned, PM the clue answers to her since she's the one administering those shiny awesome things referred to as RUBIES!!!! If you've got questions, I mean you COULD PM me, but I don't know anything, so I would say your best bet is to talk to our awesome Gryffindor prefect *points at Sky*

• Like 1

I’m back! I hope we found the owner of the last item. The cupboard is slowly emptying. Here are the second clues:

Clue #2 - Item

Ron once joked that he’d borrowed this “for a bit of bed time reading.”

Clue #2 - Person

This person is fourth on the all time Ruby leaderboard. (This could change so keep an eye on it)

Alright, that’s it! Have fun!

Hey guys! Just a quick reminder to only send your answers to me via message and not post them here (otherwise you're giving them to everyone else) :)

Hope everything’s going well! I think it’s time for the third item and person!

Clue #3 - Item 

Harry seriously considered buying this handsome item in Diagon Alley when he stayed there in Prisoner of Azkaban, though he couldn’t have used it for Quidditch or astronomy.

Clue #3 - Person

In Madam Pince's Board, this person was the last to post about classes in 2014.

Have fun!

Alrighty, time for the fourth clues! (the cupboard is emptying, so thanks everyone) 

Clue #4 - Item

Neville once managed to melt one of these.

Clue #4 - Person

This was the only person to reply about a post involving newspapers in 2011.

Good luck!

Hope everything is going well! For set #5:

Clue #5 - Item

Harry nearly got on the wrong side of Madame Pince when she thought he’d been writing in a copy of this.

Clue #5 - Person

This person shares a birthday with ME!

Have Fun! 

Here’s set #6! Good luck everyone :D

Clue #6 - Item

This item allowed Harry to sneak past the leaflet makers, into Umbridge’s office.

Clue #6 - Person

This person would have attended Hogwarts in 1998.

:D

Clue set #7! Impressed if you all have survived thus far :D 

Clue #7 - Item

An item like this was the only condition that came with Harry’s investment in Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

Clue #7 - Person

This person lost no time in wishing everyone a Happy New Year on January 1st.

Have fun ^_^

Time for #8! Here we go :D

Clue #8 - Item 

Bull clips, rope, belts and spellotape were all used to control this item.

Clue #8 - Person

This person posted just ":(" for 'hey guys, a spot of news’

Good luck!

And Clue #9! The cabinet is emptying and I can hide all the things I took from Sky :D 

Clue #9 - Item

These would be an ideal Christmas present for either a particular headmaster or a particular house elf.

Clue #9 - Person

This person should be easy to guess, people, she posted about points and rubies to name just two topics.

There you go! I now have to get back to what I'm doing *takes Zee's really awesome new quill and stuffs it in the cupboard* ya, so, umm, yup ^_^

Sorry this is a bit late, my friends, but none the less here is Clue set #10

Clue #10 - Item 

Hermione gifted one of these to Harry at Christmas in 1992.

Clue #10 - Person

This person has posted for almost every PawPrint topic in the last year.

(I think Zee is beginning to wonder where her quill is, don’t say anything, thanks)

Ok, so yes, this is the second time I'm posting this, but... I want to make sure everyone gets the right clue notification because I INCLUDED THE ANSWER with the last post and apparently, by editing it, people aren't notified of the new clue ^_^

So, here we go, for attempt number two :D 

Clue #11 - Item

This is the third item down on the list of required uniform sent to 1st years.

Clue #11 - Person

This person posted a "2013-2014" topic in Madam Pince's Board 

And, it is that time again! (and I promise I won't be including the answers with this set :P )

Clue #12 - Item

George forgets one of these items, causing the Weasley family car to make the first of 3 trips back to the Burrow in Chamber of Secrets.

Clue #12 - Person

This person was number 36 on clue #11’s post list.

:DDD

The cupboard is practically empty, just a few more things to return to their owners. (well, it's not really empty cause I am now utilizing it for my own... *cough* stolen items)

Clue #13 - Item

In a moment of distraction, Harry finds himself trying to pull this item onto his foot in place of his sock.

Clue #13 - Person

This person saw the play "Wicked" which they posted about near the start of September.

Good luck ;D

Already time for #14!

Clue #14 - Item

This is the first object that Harry uses a summoning charm to retrieve from Hermione’s beaded bag.

Clue #14 - Person

This person posted on October 31st for the Gryfftoberfest activity.

^_^

And time for our last clues! Clue set #15 :D

Clue #15 - Item

Along with Fanged Frisbees and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs, this item was added to the caretaker's extensive list of prohibited items in Goblet of Fire.

Clue #15 - Person

This person said something rather unfortunate in Peeves Place on October 27th.

Ah, once this last item is claimed, the cupboard will be officially empty of everything except for my stolen stuff. ;)

You've got just 10 hours left to get in all those answers, earn those rubies and help us get those lost items home! Everything must be sent to me by 11.59 HOL-time tonight, 30th January.

We did it! Thanks to the efforts of students and professors from all houses, All the items have been safely returned to their owners. Personally, I'm delighted to be reunited with my lucky, fluffy Hogwarts crest socks (though I am wondering exactly what Professor Brighton could possibly want a Screaming Yo-Yo for)

Thank you all for helping us. I've handed out rubies for your sterling searching efforts :)

Now, Iverian, it's funny but I'm sure there's a new pile of items that just seem to have appeared in this cupboard we just emptied. I don't suppose you have any idea where they might have come from?

Thanks everyone for helping to clear out this cupboard! With your help it is now “empty” and the items have been returned to their owners. And, I have no idea why it’s all filled up again Sky, but there’s a lot of other things to worry about then these inconspicuous items *laughs nervously and tries to divert Sky’s attention elsewhere*