Gryffindor Common Room
Emma Black

Favorite Singer?

Heather Dale. Not many people have heard of her but she records music enspired by Arthurian Legend and the medieval period so it's great while I'm writing fantasy. Aside from the geek  factor, she just has a really beautiful, clear voice.

I guess my favorite is probably Alessia Cara and Grace Vanderwaal. They are both have great voices and their songs are really relatable.

Great choice, Shad. And not just because she's the singing voice of 2 Disney princesses and thus awesome by default. I love her Broadway work.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, Adaleine Shuster said:

Ok my favorite singer is Queen all around. Though I guess their a band... still amazing music though. 

Queen is a band but they are great and my favorite singers are Freddie Mercury (Queen), John Barrowman, and George Strait 

!! John Barrowman was utterly awesome in De-Lovely!

*cough*  Back to topic. It depends, because sometimes there is a particular song or album which I just love and thus there is the singer who otherwise might not be counted as such. And then there are those whose voice and how they sing is such a pleasure, no matter what the song and/or album.

Favorite singer? Enya ... The Celts album.  Billy Boyd (Pippin) "The Sacrifice of Faramir".  Terri Nunn (with Berlin) - 'Take My Breath Away'. Johnny Cash ... I particularly like 'The Highwayman' which is sung with  Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson. Okay, okay, Queen. :D Yes, Freddie Mercury. 

Um. Richard Armitage - The Misty Mountains Cold. In The Hobbit. click

I'm generally more into instrumental musics, though. I like soundtracks. A favorite is the soundtrack to Sherlock Holmes and one of my favourites on that is Discombobulate.

I'll mostly listen to whatever is on the charts or on the radio, so I don't have a favourite as my music world doesn't revolve that much around contemporary music.

If the question were about my favourite artist, then I'd definitely have to go for Bach.

Just so I don't stray away from the topic, I'll admit that I was forced into listening to Kpop and that BTS is my guilty pleasure.

So this answer, like all questions about my favorites usually, changes quite often because I love so many singers.  At the current moment, the singer that I have been listening to a LOT lately is Elton John.  The man is truly talented and I was lucky enough to get to see him in concert.  Still my favorite concert I have seen so far.

So, my favourite singer is Amy Shark. Her songs are so mortal and gorgeous.

If this question goes to my favorite artist, It's Billie Eilish.  Her Six Feet under and Ocean eyes are the songs I really love. Billie Eilish's Talent on her totally different song types always gets into me.