Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Quest 5: November

You pick your way around yet another pool. With every step, mud sucks at your boots and you have to wrench your foot up again. Your knees are already coated from where you’ve gone head over heels into particularly squishy places. In order to distract yourself from the most charming questing location yet, you run through the rhyme that should lead you to the latest treasure.

The Treasure (10 Rubies)

Work out the famous item these lines refer to and include the type of item and if possible who it belonged to at the top of your submission.

Silver hilt, blade of light shining blue,

I past from my creator, to his son,

To the scavenger and now to you

You struggle up onto a slightly firmer bit of land and pause to look around you. The steaming swamp seems to go on for miles in every direction. There’s no sign of what you came for. Things hum and plink in and out of the water, unseen. You try not to think about what might be lurking in the pools or just beneath the surface of the mud.

The Journey (20 Rubies)

Create a small alien insect, reptile or similar that might be living in this swamp. You can make a graphic or tell us about it in 100 words or more.

You come across your goal almost by accident: the cave of limestone and dirt. The mouth is very dark and it feels like something is flowing from it. Almost like an icy breeze but not quite. It has the hairs on the back of your neck on end….

The Victory (20 rubies)

To prove yourself worthy of the treasure, you must enter the cave and face not only your fears but the darker aspects of yourself. Explain what you see in the cave and how you might overcome it in 100 words or more.

The deadline is 11.59 PM HOL-time on November 30th. Send all your tasks via private message to me (Sky Alton) with the subject ‘November Quest’. Once the deadline has passed, feel free to share your creative options as a reply to this thread.