Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

I'd Like to Thank The Academy

Orders of Merlins of various classes, special awards for services to the school, Medals of Magical Merit, Barnabus Finkley Prizes for Excellence in Spell Casting, even Witch Weekly’s Most Charming Smile Awards. The Wizarding World (and the trophy rooms of not just Hogwarts but Ilvermorny and the other schools too) are dripping in cups, shields and other shiny things commemorating great acts.

There are plenty of prizes out there for the people who excel at magic or sports to win; maybe it’s time we recognised something a bit more obscure. What would you like to award an accolade for? It can be as serious or silly as you like. What form might it take? Who would be some potential recipients?

You can do this task one of several ways:

1. Physically craft your award/medal/shield/sparkly thing and show us a photo of the finished product

2.  Create a graphic (no more than 600 x 600 pixels, please)

3. Write about it in 100 words or more

If you choose option one or 2, please also include a sentence or two of explanation about your award.

Post your awards below; you can complete this task up to 4 times and you’ll earn 20 beans per award (25 if you get them in by the 13th of October). The overall deadline is 31st October.

badge_zps47pj8z1u.png

The Cleansweep Award 

The Cleansweep award can be given only to the Hogwarts Gryffindor students once a year. It's a recognition for the student who's helped the most with cleaning and other maintenance duties in the Gryffindor Common Room.  

Planning award. This award is for people who help the most with planning things whether they be parties, classes, or even detention! Many Hogwarts students help every day with various things and they are never recognized for it so here is a special award for them. This award would be a get out of detention free card. The recipient would receive a card that was signed by the head master saying that they were not required to attend one detention. (I need one of those, haha). I guess the ickle first years would need such a reward to keep them motivated. Maybe we could even give them a shiny medal for it too.

This award goes to the children who help others with their homework the most. A lot of kids help their peers for no pay and nothing in return. These people need to be noticed because, without them, students grades will have probably gone down. If you have the person you help sign a piece of paper and the time and date you helped them with their homework, whatever professor you choose will give you extra credit in any assignment. This will get the students noticed and encourage them to help each other whenever possible. At the end of the year, whoever helped out the most in each class gets an extra five points on the final ;)

This award goes to the children that submit all of their homework in early and, of course, correctly. Many students, mostly Ravenclaws and Slytherins, work hard to get all of their homework in early so that they have time to do other things. This is helpful towards the professors who are then allowed more time to grade things instead of everybody sending it all in right before the deadline or on the day of. These students need to be recognized because they make professor's lives easier and because they are hard workers who put their studies first. Like the previous award I mentioned, this award will come with a few extra points on the final; let's say, 8. So if a students score is 78, they will have it brought up to an 86. This will also encourage other students to do the same in the future.

This last award I want to hand out is something that I will definitely not be utilizing. This award is for the students who can go a whole school year without getting a detention. Now, for most of us, *thinks of last weeks detention* *thinks of yesterday’s detention* we cannot seem to stay out of detention; our existence at Hogwarts involves breaking the rules, then detention, then breaking, then detention. But, for the select few who that does not apply to, we need to give them an award for being unadventurous and boring, otherwise known as getting no detention. They will receive a nice shiny award at the ending feast and, like my other awards, they will receive a few extra points on their finals. 

The most sought out award at wizarding schools is Broken Voice award, which is unofficially given by the student body to the witch or wizard that can carry “a melodious tune that rivals merpeople on land”. It looks like a megaphone broken in two, painted in golden color.

There are other honorary titles to with it as well, in form of golden sashes with black lettering. Some of these are “Best (actual) Singer”, “Even Dogs and Bats Can Hear You”, “Most Fantastic Outfit”, “Best Facial Expressions”, “Most Emotional Performance”, “Best Miming”, “Worst Song Choice”, “Worst Performance in a Back Up Role” are just some of the few.