Sky Alton

Gone Questing

1 post in this topic

'Gone Questing' is Gryffindor’s Monthly activity: a chance for all of HOL to venture off into the unknown to win fame, renown and priceless treasures (also some beans).

At the start of each month, a quest will be released. It will be themed around a particular story, location and/or time period. Each quest will have 3 parts:

Treasure (worth 10 beans):

You’ll receive a clue (or series of clues) that should tell you which artifact you’re seeking that month. All treasures will be famous items from history, myth or fiction (like the Philosopher’s Stone). All you have to do is a bit of research. 

Journey (worth 20 beans):

You’ll have to complete a creative task to represent some aspect of your heroic journey in search of the treasure. The particular task will vary from month to month: it might be a graphic, story, poem or something entirely different.

Victory (20 beans):

Reaching the treasure is all well and good but retrieving it is another matter. Here you’ll be presented with a scenario, word puzzle or similar about how the treasure is protected. You’ll have to reason (or talk) your way out of it in order to snag the artifact and complete the quest.

Things to keep in mind:

Anyone is welcome to take part

You don’t need to do all 3 of the tasks each time (though it’s strongly encouraged).

All tasks are due at the end of the month at 11.59 HOL-time.

Please send everything to me (Sky Alton) in a private message.

If for accessibility reasons you find yourself unable to do a particular task, please just let me know and we can work out an alternative suited to you.

You’ll have the chance to share your creative or reasoning tasks in the relevant thread once the deadline has passed.

In addition, you also have the chance to ‘design your quester’. This is an ongoing activity where you can introduce us to your adventurous alter ego and then complete quests from their point of view.

The summer quest is in full swing so in the imortal words of Sir Cadogan 'A quest! Come follow me, dear friends, and we shall find our goal, or else shall perish* bravely in the charge!'

*No actual perrishing is permitted, however brave.