Sky Alton

Questions

6 posts in this topic

If you have any questions about a particular task or the concept as a whole, please post them below. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

You have

While you can certainly complete the quests ‘as yourself’, you can also create a bold hero to do the legwork for you.

I've a question. When I read that entire post, I immediately thought of someone in one of the books I read.

Is it acceptable to base one's hero(ine) on a person in a book or does this have to be made up from scratch?

Interesting question. You can take inspiration and elements from existing characters (and let us know who they are) but try to also make them uniquely your own. That's true of the design a Quester aspect as  you're getting beans for being creative and original

but: if you want to complete some individual quests in a sort of Fan-fic style with an existing character, you absolutely can (providing you credit the creator of the particular character when you do).

Quest number three -- In the first part (The Treasure - 10 Beans) you have this:

"To keep your mind off the unsettling feeling, you run through the child’s verse you’ve been told about this treasure:

A hornet’s tail, spider’s bane,

it went there and back again

Trolls plunder, blade keen

Sensed enemies by its sheen

Hobbit’s helper, elve’s pride,

Force by its size belied

Your hand, still skimming the cave wall, suddenly flails in empty air. You nearly stumble sideways into the opening you’ve found before righting yourself. You light the stub of candle you’ve been trying to save for as long as possible and survey the new cavern."

Is this a riddle and you are wanting us to solve it? Or are you wanting it solved and a 'picture' of the solution? Or what?

Thank you. :)

Yep. Instructions now edited back in (must have gotten lost somewhere in the redrafting, thanks for the heads up Tarma!)

• Recent Status Updates

• Zach Jameson

Hoping to be more free next semester to do classes. life was just chaotic this year. Apologizes to my Lions for letting them down.
      · 2 replies
    • Sky Alton

It's not too late to earn some points! Come on, Gryffs, let's finish the year in style. Every assignment helps.
      · 0 replies
    • Zach Jameson

7 years later, now its my sister's turn to graduate high school
      · 0 replies
    • Zach Jameson

An epic great job by the GQT today. Though we lost , we got a combined 7 goals from our two captains and several key blocks! Go LIONS! Fighting for Red and Gold!
      · 1 reply
    • Prof. Jenny Lupin

EXTRA EXCITING GQT NEWS (Part 2)!! Patrick James has agreed to be the GQT Co-Captain!! Congrats Pat!!!!! :D
      · 5 replies
  • Today's Birthdays

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online