Sky Alton

Who You Gonna Call?

9 posts in this topic

Sometimes The Ghost Busters are nowhere to be found and you have to call a HOLer instead

The game is pretty simple, the person above you will suggest a problem. Your job is to say which member of HOL you’d call to help you out with it and why, then suggest a problem for the next person. The situations and reasons can be as simple, sensible or as silly as you like.

Example:

Person 1: The CR just exploded.

Person 2: I'd ask Prof. Dario to get his toolkit-he fixed it the last time!

There’s a boggart in my downstairs toilet

Person 3: I'd get onto Prof. Scarlet, she teaches people to confront them….

(And so on)

Sooo, our first problem in need of solving is….

Ahg! There’s a rampaging herd of purple hooved hippocampi on the loose in the library. Who would you call to help get rid of them?

Posted (edited)

I would call Ryan Granger, because he works in the library AND he loves adorable animals, so he would gladly work with them to get them back where they belong. 

Oh no! You're having a party this weekend and just found out some of your guests can't eat meat! Who would you call for some awesome vegetarian recipes?

Edited by Kendra Givens

I'd run panicking to Prof. Arielle to see if she could recommend something from the extensive notes she received from celebrated Vegetarian cook Kennilworthy Wisp for her class

You've been working so hard on your class production  of The Fountain of Fair Fortune and everything is set for the premier tomorrow night...only you've forgotten to design and paint any scenery! Who could help you out of this jam?

Posted (edited)

Amy Lupin would probably be able to help me speed paint something that would look awesome and then magic it dry so it could be hung up without dripping.

You accidentally turned the ceiling pink with zig zag lines all across it. Who do you get to help you fix it?

Edited by Gail Allen

Katelin Ross would be the person to make sure that the pink had purple spots and that the zig zags coordinate with both!

You've accidentally turned Greenhouse 3 into a forest of mandrakes which are screaming their heads off.

Who do you get to help silence those screeching critter/plants?

Well, I'd hope to get the situation sorted out before a professor found out and started asking awkward questions about my dangerous incompetence so I'd go find Astrid Black as she is a class assistant for a herbology class. Hopefully she could help me rectify things before it got to the stage where I had to fess up.

Uh oh, a game of gobstones got a bit too heated and now someone has been transfigured into a tortoiseshell cat. They're a very cuddly kitty but they have exams to sit next week so they can't stay that way. Who do you call to put it right?

I'd call Prof. Tarma Amelia Black since she teaches the Charms class and might know how to reverse the spell. At the very worst, I'd call Prof. Ryan Granger since he teaches the Care of Magical Creatures classes.

While walking to class, you notice someone has knocked down a bunch of portraits and they are NOT happy! Who do you call to help get them sorted back into their correct portraits on the wall?

I would call a whole team for this one!
Everyone who participated in Hufflepuff's Sleigh Ride this last December were doing their very best to help find the missing students from a portrait. So I know we have practice and I'm sure it would go faster if we all helped each other like we did there.

You wake up at 3am in the night in a cold sweat because you realise you volunteered to decorate the entire great hall for the end of year feast, but you haven't even started looking for the banner etc, much less carry them to the hall or even decided on a theme (when it's revealed who won the housecup all the decorations will just turn into the colour of that house) but you still have to sort out the decorations and you know you won't make it on your own.
Who do you ask for help (and who do you think won't bite your head off for waking them at this time)?

I'd go and beg Vanessa Tilley to help me out. She's got artistic flare and she's very lovely so I'm 99% sure she wouldn't curse me into oblivion for waking her up. Besides, she's a firsty  so she's not about to tattle on me for being out of bed or being so ditsy....(wait, who said that?)

You were frantically trying to cram for your potions exam tomorrow when you managed to knock an entire bookcase over. Now there are very old and valuable texts everywhere and you haven't the faintest idea of how you can put them back in order . Who would you rely on to lend a hand?