• Announcements

• Prof. Dario Brighton

Feeling lost? Click here!

If you are feeling lost you should definitely click to be taken to our shiny guide for new Gryffindors (and visitors, as well). You can find almost anything there: From directions on how to sign up, IRC guides to House rules, valuable information and various other guides and posts. Enjoy your stay, HOL Gryffindor Staff.
    • Prof. Jenny Lupin

Want to Play Quidditch?

*waves* It's me again! So you want to learn how to play Quidditch? Want to join the super amazing Gryffindor Quidditch Team? Then follow this link: You can find out all the important information about how to practice, where to practice and how to join the team! Can't wait to see you on the pitch!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prof. Hailey Potter

Submissions for February Issue

10 posts in this topic

Submissions for the next edition of the Paw Print this year are now being accepted! This edition will be published in early February. Options for seasonal topics can include Chinese New Year, New Year, winter activities, and Valentine's Day.

Below, you will find a list of article ideas we are looking for, as well as a place for you to submit your own original ideas and articles as well. Remember that ALL HOL HOUSES CAN SUBMIT. Here are the steps to getting your article in the next issue of the Paw Print!

Step 1) Look over the articles below and decide what you want to write! (Read our POINTS BREAKDOWN thread to see how many you can write!)

Step 2) Post below to let everyone know what above you’re planning to write an article for. This way, we won’t have 20 How To Articles when we only need 2 or 3 of those. Also, READ what everyone is doing above you, so you know if it’s been completely taken for this edition. The number of available articles is written in parentheses.

Step 3) Write! And if you can, create a few graphics to go with your article. We want much more pictures in our editions this time around!

Step 4) Submit your article to thegryffpawprint@gmail.com, in this format:

HOL Name:
HOL ID:
HOL House:

Title of the Article:

What type of Article? (What you signed up for below):

Links from a photo sharing site for any graphics you created:

Article Body: 

ARTICLES NEEDED

• Letter from the Editor (1) - Hailey
  • Article for HOL News (1)
  • Article for Gryffindor News (1)
  • Point Opportunities for the Month (1)
  • Talons and Tea Leaves (1) - Hailey
  • Dear Snape (1) - Missa
  • How to Article (2-3)
  • Health and Food (Recipes, exercise ideas, etc.) (2-3)
  • Interview articles (2) (Pick a topic and interview HOL members [or just one!] on their opinions about the topic) -
  • News and reviews (Multiple numbers are possible) (Video games, movies, phones, computers, tablets, TV shows, books - please note if there is too much of one category, yours might appear in the next edition of Paw Print)
  • Humorous article (2-3)
  • Personal blog (2-3) (what’s it like taking the OWLs? are you a professor for the first year? How is it going? Are you a first year? Tell us your experiences! Come back from a long haitus and want to talk about what it’s like to be back?)
  • Stories (fiction) or poetry (4-5)
  • Other (If your idea doesn’t fit any of these categories, feel free to write it up and send it to thegryffpawprint@gmail.com!)

OPEN FOR

More Paw Print columns! (Such as Talons and Tea Leaves and Dear Snape.) These are exclusive to Paw Print and a new one is posted in every issue. This could also be comics if that’s your fancy. Please pitch your idea to thegryffpawprint@gmail.com, include an example for your first entry, and if approved by the editor, your exclusive idea could begin to be posted starting with the next edition!

Send all entries to thegryffpawprint@gmail.com by January 26, 2016.Then keep your eye out for the next edition of the Paw Print sometime later that week!

I'll do another story (if you guys aren't bored of my fiction by now!) and I'd also like to do an article on my experiences as a blind HOL student  (if that isn't too weird or serious!).

Could I do a review/personal blog about my experience going to the 2017 U.S. Figure Skating Championships? I'd also like to do a story, if that's alright :)

if okay Professor, can I do a review of the Super Bowl matchup ? 

When do I have to turn this in ? What are the rules ? And who do I turn it in to?

All the info you needs at the top of this thread, Zach :D (Below where it says 'step 3...' and then the due date is right at the bottom where it says 'send all ...'). Hope that helps!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0