Gryffindor Common Room
Ciara Black

When would you have attended Hogwarts?

I was recently discussing with my sister what it would have been like if we had both attended Hogwarts, and we realised that she would have been in her first year when Harry was in his fourth, and my brother would have attended the year after. I, on the other hand, would have begun one year after the Battle of Hogwarts, so Professor McGonagall would have been the Headmistress and there likely would have been some major changes through the reconstruction. I find it interesting to think of what we might have been a part of, and what we would have missed.

So my question is: when would you have attended? Would you have been around during the war, or would you possibly have been right in the thick of things? Then again, would you be currently on your summer holiday waiting to go back this September?

Hahaha I was wondering that as well. xD

I would've been in my first year in 2010, so yeah, waaaaay after the war.

I would have started Hogwarts in 2004, I guess, since I was born when Harry was in his third year! Wonder how Hogwarts would have been in 2004!

You'd be finishing the same year that McGonagall would retire Pat! But at least all of us would have her as our Headmistress, even if we couldn't have Dumbledore  :this:

I would have been proud to have her as headmistress :good:  (plus, I like transfiguration u.u). I'd really like to know how Neville would have been as professor Longbottom!

Since I'm born 7 years after Harry... I would be in the middle of the rebuilding of Hogwarts? but just after the war x'D Which means I would attend Hogwarts in September 1998

I was born in 1988 so when I  turned 11 it was 1999 so it would be a year after the battle when I attended Hogwarts. I would be at a half build hogwarts, possibly helping rebuild it brick by brick. 

We would have been in the same year then Rowan. And Fumei the year above us. That's pretty cool!

I would have probably started attending the real Hogwarts in September of 2010 because I was born in 1999.  Funny in a way, because I joined HOL in January of 2010.  :)

I would have started attending in 1992, my bday falls just a little after the Hogwarts acceptance deadline. So I would've been 1 year behind if my math holds, so I would be in the thick of the fight. :D

Whoa, I would've been in my third year during the Battle of Hogwarts! I'd like to think that I would've been some kind of help during the war. Probably not as an offensive reinforcement, but hopefully helping out Madam Pomfrey protect and tend to the wounded.

2007 for me I think (my maths is astoundingly bad....which really begs the question of what I learned at the school I did go to but never mind)

I would have been a first year in 2000 since I would have been 11 at the very beginning of that year. 

Heck. I would be a companion of one of the founders. Maybe the one who started up the Care of Magical Creatures.  *nods*

That's a picture of me in one of the portraits, screaming advice and encouragement!  \o/

• Like 1