Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Guinevere Avalon

James Potter (series)

I cannot believe I just found out about this series! It talks about Harry's oldest son and his adventures on Hogwarts and beyond. I know that it was not written by J.K. Rowling, I mean, it would be such a blast if it were. I want to read the series, seeing four books are already published, but I am afraid that I will be disappointed by OOCness, general non-Rowling writing, not sticking to the canon, etc. . 

My question is: Did anyone here read the books (they are available online) and if the answer is yes, would you reccomend them to me or anyone who would like to read more HP stuff?

I read the first half of the first book. It felt alot like the Harry Potter series to me, and I truly enjoyed it. I didn't finish it because I got lost in Dresden Files and read the first 14 books, but I would recommend this series.

I totally had to go and check it out after you mentioned it, so here I am reading James Potter, which is actually quite good. Rather intriguing so far and very interesting.  I would say it's different in a way that is closer to our times now, has a more modern feel. But yeah, I would actually recommend it! ^_^ If you didn't already start reading it... :lol:

I actually have the first book, but I've only read a few pages, since I didn't like the beginning very much :( plus, I'm readig Game of Thrones (*_*) and HP in English, but maybe, when I'll finish all these books I'm reading, I could re-start James Potter's series, if you all say it's good!

Sign in to follow this