Tom Foster

Favorite Classes?

17 posts in this topic

:bye: Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good summer and looking forward to the new school year, I know I'm looking forward to it even with the OWL's.

There have been so many different types of classes that have been taught in HOL in the past and present.  So a little fun curiosity discussion question, what was everyones favorite class so far in the time you've been a student?  or if you can't choose just one, favorite type of class? 

This can also help people to decide what class (if it's still offered) or what kind of class to take next term B)

I always enjoyed History of Hogwarts type classes and I really enjoyed the Vampires in Media and Musicology courses when they were offered long ago.

First of all, I love all classes related to Hogwarts/Harry Potter books. Second, I am always interested in mythology, legends, tales, and world history, so I like those classes as well. And last, language classes. Well, if I could, I would like to sign up for all classes in HOL :)

The first class I ever took..... Pop Culture: From Buffy to Harry Potter with Professor Anya Chutney. It was incredibly fascinating. 

Also I'm moving this to the Study Room. *nods*

I think one of my favorite classes ever was Zoki's old Greek Mythology class! Man, I loved that class. I also liked Dee's Zombies class, which was 2010-2011 I think. Oh, and I've always loved Scarlet's classes :3 Healing and Word Magic were my favorites, I think. And Kay's pokemon class last year. Ahhh and the Marauders class a few years back.

Hahaha, too many classes. I miss some of the old ones :c

Flying. I got a shiny license, so that settles it for me.

Yeah, flying was a great class.  I too got a nice flying license hehehe :)

It's true there are so many to choose from, the reason I didn't make it a poll question haha.  My favorite classes have to do with aurors and defending against the dark arts, including potions and spells.  :D

It's hard for me to choose my favorite since I have loved all of the classes that I have taken this year. If I had to choose, though, I would probably have to pick Defense Against the Dark Arts or Potions. :)

e5d9dd9f-f6fc-4239-b677-c08c091cd43c_zps

Well..my favorites were all puzzle classes...

Rorey's puzzle classes like Visit to Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

I like History of Hogwarts classes too.

Kath's Potion Making and the advanced one.

Cassie's Fairy Tales and Alchemy classes..

Scarlet's Basic Healing was great too.

And the last Magic Disney class was good too.

:P

That's true too, the history of Hogwarts classes were great classes too. 

I love Rorey's puzzle ones too! Though I completed Diagon Alley before, I've signed up and not finished Hogsmeade like three times >>' Haha, one of these days I'll finish it.

And Kath's Potions classes were fun too.

Rorey's puzzle one was one of the best classes ever in HOL, also Maya's Conquer the World a few years back along with Zoki easy classes (free points). >_>

Oh I loved Word Magic! Took it last term xD And I took Astrology, which I also liked, before I took it over xD

My favourites this term were Prof. Padfoot's class Visit to Hogsmeade and HoH Professors, along with Famous Magical Equines. 

Of the classes I am taking at the moment two I am really enjoying are Ancient Civilizations as I love history and A Visit to Diagon Alley as it is fun.

Previous classes I have enjoyed have been Potable Potions as I loved learning how to make butterbeer and Magical Locations  which was interesting and fun.

The worst thing about classes is the having to choose as they all sound so good.  

• Recent Status Updates

• Zach Jameson

Hoping to be more free next semester to do classes. life was just chaotic this year. Apologizes to my Lions for letting them down.
      · 2 replies
    • Sky Alton

It's not too late to earn some points! Come on, Gryffs, let's finish the year in style. Every assignment helps.
      · 0 replies
    • Zach Jameson

7 years later, now its my sister's turn to graduate high school
      · 0 replies
    • Zach Jameson

An epic great job by the GQT today. Though we lost , we got a combined 7 goals from our two captains and several key blocks! Go LIONS! Fighting for Red and Gold!
      · 1 reply
    • Prof. Jenny Lupin

EXTRA EXCITING GQT NEWS (Part 2)!! Patrick James has agreed to be the GQT Co-Captain!! Congrats Pat!!!!! :D
      · 5 replies
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Aurelia West
      Aurelia West
      (20 years old)
    2. Elena Galatas
      Elena Galatas
      (30 years old)
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online