Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elle Xander

What have you seen?

Guest Elle Xander

I've seen:

Phantom at the Phantages theater in Toronto, Canada
Ragtime on broadway in NY,
Rent (with Anthony Rapp & Adam Pascal!) at the Warner theater in Washington DC.

I also saw an opera at the Deutsche Opera Am Rhein in Dusseldorf, Germany (in German), but I can't remember what it was called, ha. And nope, I couldn't understand any of it.

I've been in some plays, but sad to say i haven't actually seen many.

A school musical called back to the 80's.

Anne of Green Gables

Guest Elle Xander

Oh! I haven't thought of ones I've been in - I never had anything but background parts, but back when I was in school, I was in Grease, Helly Dolly & Brigadoon (I played trumpet in the pit for this one).

How was the Anne of Green Gables one? I admit I've never even read the books, I guessed I missed them in childhood!

Sorry it took me a few days. Anne of Green Gables was a good musical. That's ok, i've only read the first book if that makes you feel better haha, wasn't very interested in the others of when Anne became older. There's also a movie out of it which was also good. :)

Guest Zachary Jameson

I have seen a few plays at the Fox in Atlanta.

1) Phantom of the Opera

2) Nutcracker

3) Wicked!

I am about to see another one...but I can't remember the name! :(

Guest Amelia Hart

I've seen Top Hat in London.

I've seen Wizard of Oz, Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera, White Christmas and a ton of random ones at my High School and other schools around me.

Umh since I don't count school musicals (I think I have seen like 4 or 5 school musicals, and I can't really remember them ¬¬ so yeah)

But the musicals I have seen are:

- Aida (2 times xD)

- Mamma Mia (2 times)

- Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat (and the video version \o/)

- Tarzan

- The Little Mermaid

- Wicked

- Les Miserables (2 times)

- Fame (in london)

- Mary Poppins

- The Three Musketeers (musical version on dvd)

Musicals that I would lvoe to see (and will be playing here this year or next)

- Sister Act

- Wicked (again)

Guest Tiffany Styles

Mamma Mia

Les Miserables

The Lion King

Next to Normal

Spamalot

Billy Elliot

Rent

The House of Yes

Ubu Roi

Phantom of the Opera

Grease

Hairspray

The Colored Museum

Jesus Hopped the 'A' Train

The Addams Family

Beauty and the Beast

Rock Musical Bleach (Saien and The Dark of the Bleeding Moon)

Miss Julie

Beyond Therapy

And many, many others. Those are just from the top of my head.

Guest Amelia Hart

Recently, I've seen Loserville in the Garrick Theatre in London, I've seen Snow White (i think it was a pantomime).

I've got tickets for November to see Phantom of the Opera too.

I don't get out very much to see musicals or plays.  I saw the Wizard of Oz last December and that was really cool and they say that Annie will be coming this year or next year.  I've been to a couple dinner theatres too in the past. Has anyone seen the sound of music?  I saw a production of that last summer and it was excellent.  I also saw the Vontrap children perform a couple years ago, the great grandchildren of the real vontrap children and that was also really good.  What other shows or productions have you seen? :)

Guest Rocky Rinato

I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian in Las Vegas in 2012, and The Lion King at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas in 2011!

I live in a small city, we don't get to see many musicals here (and travelling to bigger cities can get really expensive) but I love them and try to see them whenever they come on tour!

I have seen:

Annie (it was my favourite movie in my childhood, I was really happy to see the musical at last)

Peter Pan

The sound of music

Beauty and the Beast

Grease

I'd love to see The Lion King the next time I go to Madrid, and hopefully Les Miserables next year.

I have seen The Lion King (Broadway), A Christmas Carol (Broadway), Radio City Christmas Spectacular (RadioCity), & Turandot (Metropolitan Opera)

I love watching musicals!!! I've seen Hamilton, The Sound of Music, The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, and Jekyll and Hyde on Broadway. The Lion King I saw in New York City, the rest I saw at a Performing Arts Center near me. My sister and brother went to see The Lightning Thief a few days ago. They said that was cool. In January, Hamilton is coming back and I'm going with my siblings to see it again. Other than my sister and me, none of my siblings have seen it, so it'll be fun!

I have seen Thoroughly Modern Millie on Broadway.  Off Broadway, I have seen Jekyll and Hyde, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Wicked, Beauty and the Beast, and Spamalot.  I have also seen the opera Aida on Broadway because I am an opera girl too! :) 

I’ve not see a lot. I wouldn’t really like to share where I saw them, because it would really give away where I live. 

Beauty and the Beast

Rock of Ages

SIX: The Musical

If we are counting non-professional ones I have also seen The Wizard of Oz. 

Edited by Adaleine Shuster

Sign in to follow this